Who We Are
We’re a collectively run and locally owned bicycle shop that has been in operation since 1972. A subset of workers own and democratically manage the business. We are proud to offer a minimum wage of $15 per hour. As a full-service bike shop, we both repair and sell new and used bikes. Our tools and space are also made available for rent, so folks can come in and fix their own bikes by themselves or with one-on-one assistance from a mechanic. In the evenings we offer classes on the topic of bicycle maintenance and repair. We offer on location mechanical services for local business and organizations.
Walking into a bicycle shop for the first time can be an intimidating endeavor for many, which is why Broadway strives to create a welcoming environment for all persons that come through our door.
Community Involvement and Donations
Broadway regularly sponsors, volunteers, and donates to local organizations and events including:
- Mass Bike Silent Auction
- Bikes Not Bombs Bike-A-Thon
- Broadway’s Bike to Work Week Pancake Breakfast
- Boston Bicycle Reflector Zine
- Bikes Not Bombs Vocational Training Program
- Alternatives Community and Environment (A.C.E.) Silent Auction
- 10% Discount to Brattle Theater members
- Celebrating Gay Pride Week by hosting a bake sale with all proceed going to Boston GLASS!